Tuesday, September 10, 2013

So, I graduated. What's Next? (I hate that question)

So, what are you doing after this?

I hate that question.

I'm too busy enjoying a nice bottle of Vintage Dom Perignon I received.  Yum!


Anyhow, I graduated in May from the University of Central Missouri (walked the stage) with my Masters of Science in Aviation Safety and my Thesis was just recently approved and published!  Check out my decorated cap.  I guess people in Grad School don't like to have fun, because I was about the only one that had my cap decorated... no worries though the University President and Provost totally complimented it when I crossed the stage.

WOOP!  I want to jump up and down and shout "I'M DONE WITH SCHOOL FOR LIFE" *Cue Alice Cooper's School's Out for Summer*

...but as a pilot, I always have flight school, annuals, prog checks, checkrides, standardization rides, etc.  I'm going to start working on my ATP written, in fact.

So the only thing that I'm "done" with, is "academic school".  I'll still be flying and studying newer aircraft and better technology the more I fly.  But that's aviation, so I'm not too bummed.

SAYONARA term papers, thesis edits, group projects, presentations, and other annoying tasks... all I have to focus on now is... well, flying for the rest of my life.  Seems like a great plan to me.

So while I can answer the "what are you doing after graduation?" questions with "flying for the rest of my life and enjoying it", I also wanted to put on this post how enjoyable it was to be a student at UCM... and how much support I had.  Really, I became the person I am today because of the help from others.

I can only strive to be the same kind of mentor for others because it's the least I can do in return.  I'm truly thankful for everyone that's in my life and all the support I have received.  Here's to the great memories I had with my collegiate friends and here's to the new memories we're going to make in our next adventures.  Congratulations to my other friends that graduated as well!







1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I love love LOVE the hat and the pink heels!! You are a FlyDiva for sure!

    ReplyDelete